Life at the Library
Cabin fever setting in? Cold weather getting a little hard to take? We are here for you! Stop in see what is new at your library.
- Both our teen and adult book clubs are looking for new members. These groups are both flexible in dates they meet and books they discuss. Check our calendar for specific dates and plans for the meetings. If you like to read and often find yourself wanting to talk about a great book you just read, please consider joining us!
- Preschool story time continues each Tuesday morning at 10:15 a.m. This is a great way for your child to meet and socialize with other children. No child is too young to be introduced to the fun of books! No registration is required, and all ages are welcome. With the cold weather in recent months, there have been many changes to the schedule and themes. Check our calendar for updated information.
- It''s not too late to participate in our crochet class! Call or stop in to sign up. We are planning a four to five week class lasting an hour to an hour and a half each week. The class meets Tuesday afternoons at 3:30 p.m.
- Plans for summer reading are underway! We'll Fizz, Boom and Read all summer long, and we need you to enter! There will be prizes, great entertainment and fun for all readers. Programs begin in June, and are open to all ages.
- Overdrive, home to our digital collection, has developed a new site just for kids that compliments the main digital library site. Look for the link to the eReading Room for Kids and Teens and bookmark the new site on your child's computer or device. As you will see when you visit the new kids' site, there is a link on the top of the main page to go to the main Wisconsin Digital Library site. Juvenile and young adult titles will be available on both sites. Overdrive titles are now also searchable in our catalog. Digital items you have checked out, as well as items you have placed on hold will appear on your account page.
- Tax forms are now available. Forms we do not have can be printed from the IRS site at www.irs.gov . Staff members can assist you with this.
- A reminder that If the Oakfield School District closes due to inclement weather, the library is also closed. Due dates are adjusted accordingly.